Home remedy for Dandruff; using herbal and homemade methods
Effective Home Remedy for Dandruff Treatment
Tired of changing shampoos? The label does read anti-dandruff, but has buying expensive shampoos and hair lotions really helped you in getting rid of dandruff completely? Say bye-bye to chemical treatments because what you need is an effective dandruff home remedy to free yourself from this miserable and embarrassing state. Choose a home remedy for dandruff that leaves your hair looking shiny, manageable, and of course, dandruff-free!
Dandruff - also known as scurf - occurs when the shedding of skin cells takes place, resulting in flaking of scalp. It is a condition in which skin flakes fall on face, eyebrows, shoulders and clothes. Dandruff is an infectious condition, generally caused by bacteria and fungus. It leads to excessive scales formation on the skin accompanied by itching. As it is infectious, hence it is likely to be spread through direct and indirect contact, for example with sharing towels, combs etc.
Causes of Dandruff
Dandruff can occur if your scalp/hair is exposed to extreme climatic conditions for a prolonged period of time. Unhealthy eating habits can also contribute to the onset on dandruff. Moreover, excessive use of shampoo, chemical treatments that tend to harm the scalp and stress are also major causes of dandruff.
Symptoms of Dandruff
Common symptoms of dandruff include flaking, itching and finally, redness and irritation. These skin flakes fall on your shoulders, face and over your clothes, whereas excessive and constant itching in the head is a sure symptom of dandruff. Redness and irritation are signs of an advanced stage of dandruff known as Seborrhea. It might also cause inflammation of the scalp. There are several dandruff home remedies that will help prevent excess dandruff and cure this problem.
Dandruff Home Remedies
Dandruff is a common problem. Anyone can fall victim to excessive dandruff no matter what their age is at any age. 94% of Americans suffer from dandruff at some time in life. In fact, one out of every two persons in the world experiences dandruff problems. But, why put up with it or hide away in a cap when you can use simple effective home remedies to treat dandruff? Home remedies offer complete solution to control dandruff and associated hair fall problem.
Check out these few home remedies for dandruff:
* Lemon juice is ideal for lustrous and dandruff free hair. Take 1-2 teaspoon of lemon juice mixed in water and rinse your hair with it after shampooing. After doing so, properly wash away any lemon particles, if left within the hair. Repeat this thrice in a week and you will notice a visible difference. Dandruff is caused due to high alkaline levels in the skin, and the acidic nature of lemon helps to neutralize the level.
* Take 3 grams of black pepper and 300 grams of coconut oil. Mix them together and warm them until they start to boil. Now, preserve this mixture in a bottle. Use it by massaging it on to your scalp with your fingertips every night before going to sleep. This is also a very effective dandruff home remedy.
* A simple yet effective dandruff home remedy is Aloe Vera. Take Aloe Vera leaves and use the gel that can be found inside them. Apply that aloe vera gel on your head and then wash it with a herbal shampoo (shikkakai). It is preferable to leave the gel in your hair overnight.
Herbs can also be used to get rid of dandruff. All you need to do is find the right herb; rest is very simple and effective. Following are a few herbal remedies for dandruff.
* Soften a few seeds of fenugreek herb in water to soften them. You can apply the softened seed's paste onto your head every morning. Wash it after an hour of application with any soap nut. Not only does this help remove dandruff, but helps prevent hair fall too.
* Rosemary will help rejuvenate your scalp skin and help in the healthy growth of your hair. Mix 5 tablespoons of rosemary and a pinch of borax and massage the mixture onto your head.
You don't need any help, when you can help yourself with dandruff home remedies. Healthy diet is also essential for healthy body and hair. Avoid junk and oily food, drink plenty of water, and eat vegetables and fruits. Green vegetables are specially known to help getting rid of dandruff.
Try out a home remedy for dandruff today and revive the look and feel of your hair.